Rachel wrap dress

I have loved jersey wrap dresses since I bought my first. It is such a fantastic wardrobe staple. In the right material it doesn't crumple and it looks put together and feels relaxed at the same time. Three major wins right there.

Yet I never made one. Until this summer. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but when I saw Rachel's namesake dress by Maria Denmark in an Instagram photo I couldn't get it out of my mind. So I ordered the pattern and the fabric and put it together in a week. And I have looooved it ever since.


Josh took these photos for me back in August but life got in the way, so I'm only now posting them.

The fabric is a cotton jersey with blue feathers on a grey background, from Backstitch. It looks beautiful, but doesn't have a lot of stretch. Which means that the sleeves on my dress feel a bit tight. It is not a major issue, just something I should have adjusted for when cutting out the dress. But I was too eager to get sewing, and overlooked the stretch percentage of the fabric.

The hem looks uneven on the above photo but it's just the way the dress was tied.

The construction was very, very easy and I have no comments at all on the pattern. This is one of those patterns where you put in minimal effort and get maximal result.


I have got my next dress planned already. I bought a couple of metres of amazing New Zealand merino jersey when I was in Australia earlier this year, and I think it will be perfect for this cold season which is now upon is.






No comments